Marketing Assistant | Full-Time
Purpose: The ABP Marketing Assistant will provide continual representation at industry and consumer events and activities across Alberta which showcase Alberta Beef and define the Alberta beef industry.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Responsibilities and activities:
- Look at professional networks and strategic relationships to drive awareness of online and print offering.
- Provide representation at auction markets, purebred sales, feedlots, Alberta industry conferences, and Alberta Beef Producer events, etc.
- To lead and organize ABP display booths and delegates at events and trade shows as required.
- To maintain a log of the booking of displays and the tracking of ABP display materials.
- Communicate regularly with Zone delegates and assist in event planning and zone sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop and maintain files on events which indicate purpose of attending the event ensuring it aligns with ABP goals, the number of participants needed, what messaging is sent and feedback received back from the event, any costs or sponsorship fees, and what merchandise was used,
- Develop and maintain a list of non- inventory promotional materials.
- Order and inventory merchandise as required.
- Count the inventory quarterly or as required by the Controller.
- Research and assess incoming proposals for sponsorship. Make recommendations and execute requests that are approved.
- Participate and recommend marketing tactics to execute the Marketing Plan.
- Inform Communications Manager of external activities to ensure a common look and feel to ABP communications and marketing tools.
- Prepare, process, and organize shipments of merchandise orders and the display materials as required.
- Provide the accpac merchandise orders to the Controller weekly to ensure the orders are processed on a timely basis.
- Provide the Controller with any accpac merchandise cash orders with detailed information on the billing address, when the order will be shipped, and any payment terms agreed on.
- Provide educational and awareness presentations to producer, consumer or schools as required.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop budgets and approve and code invoices as required on a timely basis.
- Contribute to the overall goal of achieving ABP mission and vision.
- Such other duties as may be required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Alberta Beef Industry.
- 2+ years in marketing or event/tradeshow management role
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Must have the ability to juggle many tasks and prioritize these tasks.
- Be proactive and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ABP Marketing Assistant must be an effective communicator and have strong written skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Competitive compensation and benefits package available.
Job Type: Full-time
Additional pay: Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Beef industry: 2 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.