September 15, 2020
What We’re Reading | Zoom & Skype Call Tips (the Secrets of Video Conferences)
If you’ve ever joined more than three people on a Skype or Zoom conference call, I hope you’ll appreciate these tips, and perhaps share them:
- Sit close to the screen. Your face should fill most of it.
- Use an external microphone or headset.
- When you’re not talking, hit mute.
- Don’t eat during the meeting.
- When you’re on mute during an audio call, you can do whatever you want. But when you’re on mute on a video call, you need to act like you’re truly engaged. Nod your head. Focus on the screen. Don’t get up and feed your dog.
- Don’t sit with the window behind you. A little effort on lighting goes a very long way.
- When you’re talking, spend some time looking at the camera, not the screen. You’ll appear more earnest and honest this way.
- When you’re talking, go slow. No one is going to steal your slot.
- Don’t walk if you’re using a phone. And if you’re using a laptop, don’t put it on your lap.
Read Full Article