December 12, 2021
Recipe: Instant Pot beef stew
This is the best Instant Pot beef stew recipe around! It’s easy, healthy, and exceptionally delicious. With tender beef, a flavorful broth, and hearty veggies like carrots and potatoes, it’s going to be a family favorite!
1 hour 15 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (chuck roast) in bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 cans tomato juice (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh parsley for serving
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the meat and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook the meat until browned on all sides.
- Stir in the red wine and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the bottom to loosen any brown bits. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots and potatoes, broth, and tomato juice.
- Secure lid and steam valve. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes, then allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release before doing a quick release.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Stir mixture into hot stew until it thickens slightly. Serve with fresh parsley.
You can find the full post for this recipe, including more great photography, on Noshing with the Nolands.