January 23, 2022
Recipe: Roast beef 101
Roast beef makes for an easy weekend dinner but can also serve as a fantastic holiday feast. Incredibly versatile and suitable for any occasion, a roast beef dinner is a fantastic meal to know how to make.
The art of the roast | Get out of the roast rut with a BBQ pitmaster
- 4-6 lbs. prime rib roast, bone-in and tied
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. each thyme, oregano, and rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- Cook time will be approx. 15 min. per pound.
- Take the prime rib out of the refrigerator about 30 min. prior to roasting to come to room temperature.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the roast generously.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic and herbs. Rub over the entire roast.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan preferably with a rack and place into a cold oven.
- Insert your temperature probe and put oven on convection at 450F. Use the alternative directions in the post if you don’t have convection.
- Roast for 30 min. after preheating and then switch to baking mode and reduce heat to 225F.
- Roast until the internal temperature reaches 135F.
- Remove the roast and tent with foil and let rest for 20 min. or until temperature reaches 145F. for medium rare.
You can find the full post for this recipe, including more information on selecting and cooking an incredible roast beef, on Noshing with the Nolands.
Leave a Reply