December 19, 2021
Recipe: Kung Pao beef and cauliflower rice
Kung Pao Beef & Cauliflower rice bowls make meal prep lunch a whole lot more flavorful. All of the classic components of kung pao bowl, but this version is low carb and perfect for a make ahead meal prep!
Don’t get me wrong, I love me a good kung pao noodle bowl. In fact, that is what I order out all the time.
But for my lunch meal preps, I try and go a little lighter. So, behold ….Kung Pao Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls, perfect for make ahead meal prep lunches!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Hoisen sauce
- 4 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- In a large skillet, brown the beef on medium heat until cooked and no pink remains. Drain any excess grease.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Keep the skillet on medium heat, stirring often until the veggies are cooked to desired tenderness. Approx 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer into meal prep containers and allow to cool. Then transfer to the fridge for up to 4 days. You may also freeze this recipe.
You can find the full post for this recipe, including more great photography, on Meal Plan Addict.